WHY GIVING IS IMPORTANT
Sharing our resources with other Christians and those in need has been a central part of Christianity since the very first days of the early church. Part of our worship is expressed in giving back to the Lord from the income with which He has blessed us.
We often hear the expression “if this ministry’s been a blessing to you, we’d appreciate your support”. While this is certainly a logical response, our giving should be more than simply “paying for services”; our offerings are first to bless and honor God, and second to support and participate in the ministry of the Gospel.
Gifts and donations to Calvary Community Church are used to further God’s kingdom in many ways. Support for the ministry enables our ongoing outreaches through:
• Support for local & foreign missions
• Financial aid for crisis situations
• Bibles distributed locally and abroad
• Local street ministry to feed homeless
• Ministry outreaches of all sorts in Jesus name
• 97.5 FM & 105.1 FM KEWR – Enduring Word Radio
• Internet broadcasting and services
• Local ministry through men and women freed up to serve
• And SO MUCH MORE that Jesus is still revealing to us…
The Bible teaches that Christians should give (1) regularly, (2) from the first part of our earnings, (3) in proportion to our income, (4) cheerfully, and (5) freely, not as a result of compulsion or pressure.
You can support Calvary Community Church in a significant way by investing in God’s plan to reach thousands of people with the transforming message of God’s Grace. By giving to Calvary, you become part of God’s provision and an answer to prayer as you participate in helping the Gospel go forward in our community. May the Lord continue to bless you as you invest His resources into His Kingdom.
“Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” —2 Corinthians 9:7